Lighthouse Point Nature Reserve is a top destination area and great location to be socially distant by nature! Located on the northeastern tip of the Island approximately 12 kms from the ferry terminal.  The Ontario government purchased these 96 hectares of land in 1973 but it wasn’t until 1983 that Lighthouse Point was recognized as a candidate for a nature reserve park. Due to coastal processes, and varying lake levels, the western shoreline of Lighthouse point is constantly evolving, which allows for a variety of wildlife and vegetative species to call this area home, especially during migration periods. Have your camera ready!

The end of the protected walking trails of the nature reserve open up to a beautiful sandy beach area and home to the Pelee Island Lighthouse. Originally built in 1833 with Pelee Island limestone, the lighthouse operated for 75 years before its’ light went out in 1909, became abandoned and fell into disrepair. It wasn’t’ until the year 2000 that the Pelee Lighthouse went through a beautiful restoration and received the designation of a historical landmark.