Photos and Videos
May 4-June 20:
June 21-Sept 2:
1:10 & 4:10pm
Sept 3-Oct 13:
- Guided tour of Ruins, Cellars and Grounds led by an experienced Island Ambassador
- Wine Tasting
- Limited Edition Replica bronze medallion
- Booking online in advance is highly recommended to guarantee your spot on the tour
- For those under 19 or non-wine drinkers, enjoy a handmade gourmet chocolate Vin Villa medallion
Tour starts at the Vin Villa gates located at 60 Sheridan Point Rd.
Behind the Gates Tour
and Cellar Tasting
Fascinating and informative tour of Canada’s first Commercial Estate Winery. Often regarded as the most historically significant viticultural site in North America and one of the highest rated tours in the province.
During this 1 hour gentle walking tour is where you will have your first look back into Pelee Island’s rich winemaking history, as you approach the 150-year-old ruins of Canada’s first commercial estate winery.
FASCINATING HISTORICAL EXPERIENCE
Descend below ground into the meticulously restored wine cellars with antique stained glass and a 48' chandelier suspended above a massive 28 seat timber wine tasting table.
Enjoy a private wine tasting of first wine to wear the Vin Villa label since 1914, served to you in Canada's oldest wine cellar.
To commemorate the memories created on your tour, all of our guests receive a prestigious limited edition replica Bronze Medallion representing the original bronze medallion won by Vin Villa Winery at the 1878 World’s Fair in Paris. Effectively recognizing quality wine production in North America at the worldwide level for the first time!
Come be a part of history while making a little of your own!
To book a private tour outside of regularly scheduled tours, see Behind the Gates Vin Villa Tour (private group) under Tours & Experiences.
- $45*: Adult - includes medallion & wine tasting or gourmet chocolate
- $37*: Senior - includes medallion & wine tasting or gourmet chocolate
- $37*: Teens 13-18 includes medallion and gourmet chocolate
- $21*: Children 12 & under: chocolate, no medallion or wine
- * plus tax, $2 p.p. booking fee & 15% gratuity: